Hello and Welcome I'm Gaby

These are my first attempts at square foot gardening

Saturday, July 16, 2011

An amazing thing happened about a week ago ...


Ever since I have lived here with Mike  I've taken care of the plants to the  best of my ability  but ever have I seen something like this. Last year I had to go out in the pouring rain and stake the poor thing, we were afraid it was going to break because of the high winds we were having.  Last week Mike was out in the backyard and I was on the couch suffering from what I consider to be the worst cold over when he started calling to me  I went outside and this is what I found ....
Our cactus plant bloomed  !
I've never seen out cactus bloom nor has it ever according to Mike. That plant has been here  since he was a child and ever since he could remember, it's currently towering at about 14 feet in height and it is too bad but the blooms only lasted for one day but they were gorgeous. 


No comments: